When not smiling at pregnant people at the grocery store, I love talking with my two teenagers and adventuring close to home or far away. My favorite things include sleeping, reading, hiking, paddling, tea with friends, and yoga on mountaintops.
All of these make me a very happy mama -- at least most of the time! I have my moments, just like everyone else.
I live with my husband and children in Durham, NC.
Some of my training and education landmarks:
- B.A. Anthropology & Environmental Studies, State University of New York at Binghamton, 1995
- DONA-approved Birth Doula training, 2001
- Yoga Teacher Training with Esther Myers (500 hours), 2002-2004
- Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training with Stephanie Keach 2004
- First pregnancy, baby born 2004
- Second pregnancy, baby born 2009
- Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training with Janice Klarefeld, 2010
- DONA-approved Birth Doula Training, 2012
- DONA-approved Post Partum Doula Training, 2012
- Holistic Health Coach Training at Institute for Integrative Nutrition, 2013
- Certified Health Coach in L.E.A.N. Expectations at Dr. Sears Wellness Institute, 2014