Birth Doula Services
Every birth can be
empowering, satisfying, and celebrated as the
sacred transformation that it is,
regardless of what actually happens with interventions and how that aligns – or not – with a birth plan.
Preparation and support can make all the difference. Every woman deserves to have a birth focused on the unique journey that is this birth and this baby.
A doula holds the
space for reverence, while providing
logistical strategizing, and
Just as every labor and birth is unique, every doula-client relationship is unique.
That said, my birth doula services include:
- Two prenatal visits to discuss your vision for your birth
- Optional guidance in developing an at-home yoga or meditation practice specific to your needs
- Email and phone support throughout your pregnancy – call or email me as questions arise
- Closer to your due date, we’ll touch base more frequently – at minimum after each of your medical prenatal visits – so that you feel fully supported as you approach labor
- 24 hour On Call support when you reach 37 weeks
support during labor and birth
- Staying with you after your baby is born to help get you settled. (Generally 1.5 - 2 hours)
- One postpartum
visit within two weeks of your baby’s birth
During labor, I support the couple however they need, which looks different every time, and evolves as labor progresses. This can involve everything from very hands on – strategizing and supporting positions for optimal comfort and massage – to the very practical – refilling water, getting ice for cold washcloths, finding the nurse because you have questions. My knowledge of labor and birth provides perspective and reassurance, as well as information so you can make informed and empowered decisions about how your baby is born. This multifaceted support helps couples stay fully present and connected with each other and their baby throughout the journey.
Please contact me for information on the doula services I can offer you.